Thursday, May 20, 2010

Taking relaxing too seriously

"Hi, I'm Lisa and I'm addicted to relaxing." Its serious, I need help. Starting summer school has made me become a lazy mess. All I want to do is relax, watch TV, or go shopping. Hence the lack of blogging. Eeek..

Last weekend I went to National Scrapbook Day with my mom. It was a blast! We go to a hotel near Disneyland and spend the whole weekend scrapbooking with a room full of friends. And I finished my Thailand scrapbook (with the exception of journaling)!! Yay! That's #41 on my list! I went to Thailand over a year ago, and have finally gotten to the album. It was one of the best experiences of my life. I applied for an independent study grant from my college, so they funded my entire trip!
Here's a quick summary of my amazing trip:

I spent a total of 10 days in Northern Thailand, and the first half I volunteered at Care for Dogs.
These two wonderful ladies started Care for Dogs in Hang Dong (northern Thailand) an organization that helps care for the many homeless Thai dogs. They also help local villagers pay for veterinary bills, and educate new owners how to take care their new pet. Pretty cool, huh?
These cute puppies (there were 20 of them) were found abandoned under a bridge. So adorable!
I also spent time in Chiang Mai walking around the city. I love exploring new places on foot or by public transportation. The temple (above) I found walking to the Night Bazaar.
Thailand is so beautiful with ornate temples and peaceful country sides.
Then I went to an elephant sanctuary! The founder, Lek, rescues abused or injured elephants and gives them a home. They get to spend their days eating, playing in the water, and don't have to perform tricks or give rides to tourist.
The elephant sanctuary is in a valley with a river that runs through it. If I were an elephant, I'd want to live here! Sweet deal.

I'm so thankful I got to go last year, especially with the current political unrest. Can you tell I'm an animal lover? First, dogs, then elephants!

This is already really long, but what is the most memorable trip you've been on?
Thailand has been mine simply because of all the hard work I put into writing the proposal for my school, its the first trip I planned all by myself, and its a place I never thought I'd get to visit :)

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome way to spend time in Thailand! I would have loved to volunteer there like you did. I may have to keep that in mind for the future. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
javascript:void(0)