Saturday, May 22, 2010

Pizza Party!

#69 on my list of things to do was make pizza, and I did it! I cooked (in my opinion) a delicious meal for the fam bam, complete with a quickie invite sent via text message. Ahh, wonderful technology.

I made a gluten-free dough from scratch using a recipe I found on recipezaar. Since gluten-free breads can have an "interesting" taste, I tried to find a recipe with good reviews. And let me tell you, the reviews were right! It came out great and was really easy. I also bought premade dough from Trader Joe's to supplement the gluten-free pizza. I was going to make a gluten pizza too but, believe it or not, I didn't have any normal wheat flour at home.
I topped the pizzas with homemade sauce, bell peppers, mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes, and carmelized onions. Yummy veggie pizza! :)

I also made a salad with carrots, romaine, green onions, cherry tomatoes, and cucumbers. Every time I chop green onions, I think of the "Jon and Kate plus 8" where Kate goes berserk while Jon is trying to make a Korean feast. Haha, isn't that weird? I used to love that show, though.

Here's the final product! Can you tell the difference between the gluten free and Trader's pizza?
Is it hard to tell? If you guessed one on the right, you're correct!

This recipe is a keeper! We're obsessed! My sister liked the gluten-free version so much, I made another one right after dinner! However, I must have made the Trader's dough wrong because it came out...well, not good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
javascript:void(0)