Sunday, May 30, 2010

Movie time!

I finally started watching the AFI movies. There's a lot of them, and I'd better get cracking!

(#22) Some Like It Hot (1959): starring Marilyn Monroe, Tony Curtis, and Jack Lemmon
This was my first Marilyn Monroe movie! I like old movies and have watched a few, but they've all seem to star Frank Sinatra, Gene Kelly, or Audrey Hepburn. It is about 2 musicians, Joe and Jerry, who witness a massacre, and try to hide from the Chicago mob by joining an all-female band disguised as women. Both the men fall for Sugar, the lead singer, but of course, can't act on their feelings (they're supposed to be girls!).

I liked this movie! I was pleasantly surprised that Sugar had a sweet personality (haha, puns). I really was expecting her to be an over-the-top sexy bombshell. Also, the movie made me go "waiiiiit a minute" multiple times! It was clever and had plenty of sexual innuendo.

Sorry for the short review today, I've got to back to the library and get more movies!

2 comments:

  1. Can you believe I have never seen it? I will have to check it out now, thanks for the review! :) Enjoy all the movie watchin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! There's a LOT of movies I haven't seen either. Like the matrix, or terminator, much to my co-workers surprise.

    ReplyDelete

 
javascript:void(0)