Thursday, April 29, 2010

Agave love


Organic sweetener? Low glycemic index? No chemicals? Blue agave nectar is good stuff.

Though I would like to claim the reason for buying this wholesome and healthy sweetener was to start eating better, it wasn't. Whole Foods was having a sale. But I have come to love the many, many uses for agave nectar.

Its starting to replace honey and Splenda (which I use to sweeten everything) in my diet. It is less thick than honey, and dissolves nicely in iced drinks. So far I have used it to sweeten iced coffee, iced tea, oatmeal, peanut butter and banana toast, and yogurt. And I think it would be the perfect alternative to maple syrup on my protein pancake tomorrow. Yum.

Looking forward to an agave filled breakfast tomorrow :)

Image: m_bartosch / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

1 comment:

  1. wow, I never heard of blue agave nectar. Interesting ... I've used stevia and just bought truvia, but I'll have to try blue agave nectar.

    ReplyDelete

 
javascript:void(0)