Friday, July 24, 2009

Things I want to do!

I 've known about 43 things, a website where members share their goals, for quite some time. I remember seeing it whenever I google-search places I want to travel to, or activities that I want to do.

Given my love of list making, I really wanted to join. I'm the person who has sticky notes of things I like and things that make me happy lest I forget. However, I didn't think I could ever come up with a list of 43 things (43..!!). Waaay to many. But as I read other lists, I realized I could list whatever I want. I saw everything from "read 5 books" to "get a job." I love how fluid and flexible those list were, and it really motivated me to jot down some random thoughts.

I recommend everyone to do the same (at least on a sticky note!!). Because its so easy for dreams and little things to get lost in the shuffle of the real life. Seriously, my life gets so hectic that sometimes I forget I like puffins or that being barefoot makes me happy. I definitely benefit from little reminders.

So, here goes my ever changing list of grandiose life things to small everyday tasks.

I hope to get more crossed off items! Check back to see how I'm doing (weeell, somethings will probably take a few years).


I want to..
  • Become a veterinarian
  • Learn how to SCUBA
    • See the Great Barrier Reef
  • Learn to drive a stick shift
  • Visit all 50 states
    Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
  • Give regularly to Heifer International
  • Buy an fancy SLR camera
  • Return to Care for Dogs as a volunteer veterinarian
  • Run the Disneyland half marathon
  • Watch all AFI’s 100 greatest movies
  • Read more “smart people” books (e.g. Oliver Twist, Count of Monte Cristo, anything Austen)
  • Drink more water daily
  • Read the entire bible

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
javascript:void(0)