Saturday, June 19, 2010

Six on Saturday

1) Farmer's Market
Now that I am back in my hometown, I go to the same farmer's market my mom took us to as kids. I still remember loading up our canvas bags with peaches, plums, and apricots.
I woke up early to enjoy tables and tables of fresh fruit and veggies (seriously, they were piled high.) It was so crowded! Guess the organic/all natural/support local growers trend has really caught on.
There's also food from local restaurants and bakeries. That's how I found out about this wonderful bakery that makes gluten-free things!

I'm looking forward to noshing on these goodies in the upcoming week. It's a race trying to eat it all up before the fruit spoils . Usually I win ;)

2) Library
Free books? And free dvd rentals? Yes please! Am I the only one who checks out an obscene amount of books? I don't know why I get so greedy, but I do know that there is no way I can read all these books before they are due.


3) Animal shelter

Today also consisted of a spontaneous stop at the shelter (the same one I got my dog from!) I missed the turn for the gas station and my sister convinced me to continue driving to the shelter. There are so many wonderful animals there!


4) Running
Besides going to the animal shelter, my sister also convinced me to go running with her. I avoided it and hoped she would forget, but it didn't deter my ex-cross country running sister. I felt really good after wards, so thank goodness I have a sister!


5) Sleeping/napping
Weekends+ warm doggie... pretty self-explanatory.


6) Movie night!
I am not a scary movie fan, but am some how I did want to watch the original version on "The Ring." The ironic thing is that I stopped liking scary movies because of "The Ring." I was seriously freaked out after watching it in high school. I watched most of the movie hidden between my fingers, and still screamed (I think I heard everyone else in the theater screaming.)

I'm going to call this my "spontaneous sister Saturday," how's that for alliteration!

Hope everyone's weekend is sunny and fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
javascript:void(0)